JEFFERSON — The Jefferson Chamber of Commerce reminds you that Jefferson Parish is on the ballot this fall and every vote is important. Have a look at the list of important dates and deadlines for the upcoming elections to ensure you’re registered.
Not Registered to Vote?
See more information about how to register to vote, candidates and more!
To Register To Vote You Must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles), but must be 18 years old to vote;
- Not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony or, if under such an order not have been incarcerated pursuant to the order within the last five years and not be under an order of imprisonment related to a felony conviction for election fraud or any other election offense pursuant to La. R.S. 18:1461.2;
- Not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights;
- Reside in the state and parish in which you seek to register; and
- Must be registered at least 20 days prior to an election if registering through the GeauxVote Online Registration System with a Louisiana driver’s license or Louisiana special ID card or 30 days prior to an election if registering in person or by mail to be eligible to vote in that particular election. If mailing in an application, the application or envelope must be postmarked 30 days prior to the first election in which you seek to vote.