On June 10, the service launches in New Orleans, LA; Des Moines, IA; Seattle, WA and Tucson, AZ.
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – 5G Home Internet has arrived in more cities, and in the current hot real estate market, having a reliable broadband connection has never been more important, according to a recent Morning Consult study.1 Beginning June 3, customers in parts of Columbus, OH; Greensboro, NC and Raleigh, NC can sign up for 5G Home Internet, the blazing-fast broadband service ideal for people working remotely, schooling at home or streaming their favorite shows. And on June 10, the service will be available for customers in parts of Des Moines, IA; New Orleans, LA; Seattle, WA and Tucson, AZ. With the addition of these new cities, Verizon’s 5G Home Internet will be available in 40 markets, with more on the way.
5G can boost home values
These days, having just “ok” internet doesn’t cut it. According to a recent Morning Consult study, homeowners want a reliable internet connection when looking for a new home. In fact, the overwhelming majority of those shopping for a home say access to 5G home internet (77%) and 5G cell network (75%) make a home more valuable. Realtors agree that home values are positively impacted by access to 5G home internet (75%) and 5G cell network (73%). Homebuyers express excitement about 5G benefits including higher internet speed (90%), enhanced security (88%), simpler home internet setup (85%), more coverage in more places (84%), uninterrupted streaming (83%) and higher-quality video calls (82%).
“It’s clear: homeowners, renters and buyers value fast internet connectivity above all else, and we’ll continue to ensure they get that access as our 5G Home rolls out into even more cities,” said Frank Boulben, Chief Revenue Officer for Verizon Consumer Group. “With more choices in content and entertainment than ever before, we’re here for our customers — at home and on the go.”
Why 5G Home Internet?
- No data limits. It’s truly unlimited broadband service with no throttling.
- It’s fast. Customers can experience max download speeds up to 1 Gbps, with typical download speeds of 300 Mbps.2
- It’s affordable. Just $503 a month for Verizon customers with a qualifying mobile plan, and $703 a month for customers without a qualifying mobile plan. Taxes and fees are included.
- Easy self setup. With the Verizon 5G Internet Gateway, there’s no waiting on the cable installer; just open the box, set up the device and your home is connected.
- Cool Freebies. For entertainment needs, customers get a free Stream TV device, discovery+ streaming service4 for 12 months on us and SLING TV for two months on us.5 New customers also get a Samsung Chromebook 46 on us so they can work, learn and stream smarter right from home — all with the power of 5G Ultra Wideband.
- Switching made easy. Verizon will offer up to $500 to cover early termination fees for customers who leave their current internet provider and switch to 5G Home Internet.7
- $100 off your bill. For a limited time, get a $100 credit toward your bill when you buy 5G Home Internet online.8
5G Home Internet is available in parts of the following cities:
| || || |
*Available June 10th
How to get 5G Home Internet
As service continues to expand and new cities launch, they will be updated within the portal.