NEW ORLEANS — Peaceful sleep will soon become a distant memory this Halloween as New Orleans Nightmare rises from the dead and returns for the 2021 season. Opening September 18th and running through November 6th, the New Orleans haunt is one of 13 national attractions produced by Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group (13FEG), the world’s largest Halloween-inspired entertainment company. With over 25,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor innovative horror experiences, movie-quality sets, and premier special effects unrivaled in the Big Easy, this haunted attraction is sure to frighten even the bravest of visitors.
“We’ve all missed out on so much this past year” says Chris Stafford, CEO and Founding Partner of Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group. “We want our patrons to break away from their sofas and small screens to enjoy an unforgettable, Hollywood-level Halloween experience in one of the world’s most haunted cities.”
The haunt returns this year with three new horrifying themed attractions: The Boogeyman, Operation: Laughing Place, and the Spirit of Halloween. New Orleans Nightmare will once again offer its signature attraction, PHOBIA SENSORY OVERLOAD, mini escape games, as well as a concession stand and full bar to provide guests with a little liquid courage before entering at their own risk.
WHERE: 319 Butterworth St. | Jefferson, LA 70121 under the Huey P. Long Bridge
WHEN: Open select nights from September 18th – November 6th with special Blackout Events on November 5th and 6th. For full details on hours of operation, visit neworleansnightmare.com/hours.
TICKETS: General admission to the haunted house begins at $24.99 and Fast Pass and Skip the Line Tickets allowing patrons to bypass the line are available starting at $34.99. Tickets can be purchased online at neworleansnightmare.com and at the gate on show days only.
Frights for New Orleans Nightmare’s 2021 Halloween Season include:
- The Boogeyman: As a kid it’s hard to escape the fear of something under the bed or in the closet. Everything is always scarier in the dark, but what if he was real –the monster in the dark, the boogeyman? What if the belief in him is what makes him real? What if generations past were telling the truth of these monsters, and no one believed us? This is the tale of the Jensen’s family massacre on Blackthorn Drive.
- Operation: Laughing Place: Hallucinating gas effect – in the 1950’s a new type of chemical weapon was unleashed upon certain cities. Lmf-a0 is a biological hallucinogen that causes victims to see extreme colors and clown-like apparitions. We are testing out new ways to filter this weapon at certain facilities. Hades corps. is always on the cutting edge of safety to humanity. With your help and experience, we will get this epidemic under control!
- Spirit of Halloween: With summer’s end, as the leaves turn brown it is said the veil between the living and the dead is at its thinnest. The witch of the woods has cast her spell to summon the spirits of the underworld to cross over and assimilate into form using various objects found among town including decorations used for celebrating Halloween. Dazed within the spell cast upon them, the Witch commands her army of crops and flesh to seek revenge on the people that have casted her out.
- PHOBIA SENSORY OVERLOAD in Complete Darkness: Submerge yourself into a complete blackout and make your way through a maze full of mystery in New Orleans Nightmare’s newest and most bone-chilling attraction. Enter into a labyrinth of pitch-black terror as you rely only on your sense of sound, smell, touch, and maybe even taste to escape the clutches of darkness. A fair warning: it’s not for the faint of heart.
- Mini Escape Games: Mini Escape Games are a fully interactive and immersive experience unlike anything you have ever done before! Race the clock: Your group enters a room and has only 5 minutes to use clues and riddles hidden throughout the room that provide the tools necessary to meet the objective. As the clock ticks down and the pressure mounts…can you stay calm, can you escape?
New Orleans Nightmare is Hiring!
New Orleans Nightmare is now hiring energetic and enthusiastic individuals over 18 years old for performance roles, customer service representatives, and operations staff. For more information and to apply, visit neworleansnightmare.com/jobs.
About Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group
Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group is the only company in the country to produce Halloween-themed events on a national scale in cities such as Austin, Chicago, Denver, Green Bay, Houston, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, Phoenix and San Antonio. World-renowned set designers, special effects professionals and acclaimed artists make each of Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group’s events a truly unique experience.