BATON ROUGE — The Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus announced its officers for 2021-2022. The term begins July 1, 2021, and ends June 30, 2022. Senate President Pro Tempore Beth Mizell, District 12-Franklinton, has been reelected as chairwoman to lead the 27-member group of women legislators.
Other Women’s Caucus officers who will serve are:
- Senate Vice-Chair – Sen. Sharon Hewitt, Slidell
- House Vice Chair – Rep. C. Denise Marcelle, Baton Rouge
- Immediate Past Chair – Sen. Regina Ashford Barrow, Baton Rouge
- Secretary – Rep. Aimee Adatto Freeman, New Orleans
- Treasurer – Rep. Barbara Carpenter, Baton Rouge
- Parliamentarian – Rep. Malinda White, Bogalusa
- Member at Large – Rep. Mary DuBuisson, Slidell
- Chaplain – Rep. Valarie Hodges, Denham Springs
About Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus
The Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus is comprised of the women in the Louisiana Legislature, whose collective mission is to: (1) prepare the next generation of women leaders and (2) serve as the premier voice and leading monitor of issues, legislation and policies, which impact women. There are presently 27 women who serve in both the Louisiana Senate and the Louisiana House of Representatives combined.
About the Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus Foundation
The Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus Foundation is a non-profit corporation with an IRS designation of 501(c)(3). It was created by the Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus, which is comprised of women legislators currently serving in the Louisiana Legislature. The Louisiana Legislative Women’s Caucus Foundation’s mission is to prepare and develop women leaders in Louisiana to be significant contributors and achievers in society. For more information, visit llwcf.org and find us on Twitter @LLWCFoundation or Facebook.