BATON ROUGE — Parents and guardians in Louisiana will now have access to their child or dependent’s vaccination status via the LA Wallet app. Families can add a digital SMART Health Card to the LA Wallet app which will give them immediate access to their child or dependent’s COVID-19 vaccination information from the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH).
As of June 1, 2022, more than 825,000 residents have added their SMART Health Card to LA Wallet, representing nearly 60% of LA Wallet’s 1.4 million active users.
“CDC and LDH recommend all children 6 months and above be vaccinated against COVID-19. Now, after parents get their eligible children vaccinated, they know they have a convenient, secure way to access their own family’s healthcare information,” Gov. John Bel Edwards said. “This new feature in LA Wallet is another important step forward in meeting people where they are and helping bring back Louisiana for families throughout our state.”
“As a parent, I know the importance of having our family’s healthcare information at my fingertips,” said Dr. Courtney N. Phillips, secretary of the Louisiana Department of Health. “This is another great tool to help families better manage their healthcare.”
How to add a Dependent SMART Health Card:
- Download the latest version of LA Wallet from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Tap the SMART Health Card credential in the card stack.
- If you already have an existing SMART Health Card, click the menu icon on the top right and click Add Dependent on the menu that appears. If you do not already have a SMART Health Card, click Add Dependent Health Card.
- Accept the disclaimer and fill in the dependent’s information as it appears on their medical record.
- Tap the Add Dependent button on the bottom of the form.
- If you have any trouble, tap the Health Card Assistance option in the menu for support.
Users must have their Louisiana driver’s license or State ID added to the app and their name must be listed as a guardian on their child or dependent’s vaccination record on file with the Louisiana Department of Health. The child or dependent’s healthcare provider can update the listed Guardians on their record.
LA Wallet launched in 2018 as Louisiana’s digital driver’s license. It is available on both the Apple App store and the Google Play store and is a legal driver’s license for all in the state of Louisiana.
For more information about LA Wallet, visit lawallet.com.