JEFFERSON – Aerial spraying, in response to mosquito activity, is scheduled to take place on the East and West Banks of Jefferson Parish on the evening of Thursday, October 6, 2022 over parts of Metairie, Old Jefferson, Gretna, Estelle and Lafitte/Barataria, weather conditions permitting.
Low-level aerial spraying will take place from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. If weather conditions on the evening force the cancellation of the scheduled flights, aerial spraying will take place on the first subsequent evening on which weather conditions permit.
EAST BANK AERIAL SPRAYING AREAS:
- AREA #1: Metairie
- North to I-10 Hwy.; South to West Metairie Ave.; West to David Dr.; East to Transcontinental Dr.
- AREA #2: Old Jefferson/Metairie
- North to Earhart Expressway.; South to Mississippi River; West to S. Clearview Pkwy.; East to Deckbar Ave.
WEST BANK AERIAL SPRAYING AREAS:
- AREA #3: Lafitte
- North to Fleming Curve near Palmetto St.; South End to Jean Lafitte near Kenal Rd./Orange Ave.; East and West to Marsh
- AREA #4: Gretna
- North to Mississippi River; South to West Bank Expressway; West to Peters Rd.; East to Hamilton St.
- AREA #5: Barataria/Estelle
- North to Barataria Blvd.; South to Jean Lafitte State Park; West to Barataria Blvd.; East to Leo Kerner Pkwy.
For more information about aerial spraying, contact the Department of Environmental Affairs at 504-731-4612.