NEW ORLEANS – According to recent data from consumer packaged goods sales and marketing firm Acosta, 92 percent of American families plan to continue eating at home together as often as they did during the COVID-19 pandemic. To continue providing quality New Orleans flavors and easy-to-use culinary solutions across the Gulf Coast and beyond, Camellia Brand announced today its newest lineup of products, Camellia Dinner Mixes.
“Authentic Louisiana cuisine is known worldwide for its strong flavors and delicious ingredients,” said Vince Hayward, fourth-generation owner and CEO of L.H. Hayward & Company, Camellia’s parent company. “But oftentimes, the process of making dishes such as jambalaya or gumbo can be time and labor-intensive. We’re excited to bring the flavors of Louisiana to kitchens across the country through our new dinner mixes. Each mix is easy to use, made with quality ingredients, and most importantly saves valuable time in the kitchen without compromising on flavor.”
Available in five signature flavor profiles, each mix is versatile and suited for all culinary skill levels and dietary preferences. The full list includes:
- Creole Red Bean Seasoning Mix: For generations, families in New Orleans have gathered ‘round tables large and small to enjoy classic Red Beans and Rice. Our Creole Red Bean Seasoning is a delicious blend of traditional New Orleans spices and seasoning vegetables. Just add beans (and meat, if desired) for an easy one-pot meal.
- Cajun White Bean Seasoning Mix: White Beans and Rice is a traditional South Louisiana meal. Use this delicious blend of authentic New Orleans spices and seasoning vegetables for an easy one-pot meal. Just add beans and meat, if desired.
- Gumbo Cajun Roux Base: South Louisiana is famous worldwide for the rich, soupy stew we call gumbo. This delicious gumbo roux base is rich with authentic New Orleans gumbo spices and seasoning vegetables. Just add meat or seafood for a hearty one-pot meal.
- Dirty Rice Cajun Seasoning Mix: Cajun Dirty Rice is a hearty staple of Cajun cooking. Just add ground beef to this long-grain rice and authentic Cajun seasoning mix for a delicious one-pot meal.
- Jambalaya Cajun Seasoning Mix: For centuries, families in Louisiana have enjoyed world-famous Cajun Jambalaya. Just add meat or seafood to this authentic long-grain rice and seasoning mix to make a hearty, delicious one-pot meal.
All mixes are made with 100% natural ingredients with spices and real vegetables. Each mix also offers options to tailor your recipe to meet the needs of your family, providing suggestions to adjust the spice level, make it creamier or thicker or even vegan and vegetarian friendly.
The Camellia Dinner Mixes will be available to purchase online and at participating retailers across the U.S. Visit camelliabrand.com to learn more.