COVINGTON – All those seeking conscientious community, self-development, delicious & healthy food, and holistic wellness practitioners are invited to attend Louisiana’s first-ever yoga festival: Bhakti Farms Yoga Fest, scheduled for May 20-22. Yoga practitioners of all levels, including absolute beginners, are welcome to join this inclusive gathering at Bhakti Farms in Covington, La, where they’ll be able to participate in a variety of activities including yoga, meditation, musical performances, homeopathy, acupuncture, wellness lectures, and kids yoga over the weekend, all led by inspirational teachers, musicians, scholars, and medical practitioners.
While there are a number of yoga festivals held annually around the world and across the US, Bhakti Farms Yoga Fest will be the first event of its kind in the state of Louisiana. This restorative experience will be hosted at Bhakti Farms, a serene, private farm nestled in Covington, LA. Owned by Johnny Johnston, a lifelong yogi and vegan chef whose fresh, healthy recipes are a staple at many of the farmers markets across the Northshore, Bhakti Farms is the perfect place for yogis in Louisiana and the entire Southern region to gather and practice together.
In addition to promoting health, wellness, and togetherness, Bhakti Farms Yoga Fest founder Johnny Johnston aims to give back to the local community through this inaugural event. Bhakti Farms will donate 10 percent of the festival profits and 50 percent of “Observer Pass” ticket proceeds to Children’s Advocacy Center – Hope House, an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to ending the cycle of child abuse in St. Tammany and Washington Parishes.
“My goal for Bhakti Farms Yoga Fest is to provide an inclusive space for people to learn and grow, forge lifelong connections, and make a real impact on the surrounding community,” said Johnny Johnston, owner of Bhakti Farms. “Whether you’ve been practicing yoga your whole life, or you’re just getting started, there’s a place for you here at Bhakti Farms.”
There are multiple ticket options for those interested in attending Bhakti Farms Yoga Fest, depending on how involved attendees wish to be. Those looking to participate in the festival’s many classes, concerts, and lectures can purchase a Three-Day Sadhana Pass for $175, which also includes tent camping for those who wish to stay on site. Community members who wish to attend the festival without taking classes can purchase an Observer Pass for $35. Single-Day All-Access Passes, tickets to specific events, and RV camping passes are also available. For additional information regarding ticketing, or to purchase tickets, visit www.bhaktifarms.com.
The event schedule for Bhakti Farms Yoga Fest is as follows:
Friday, May 20
- 12-9PM – Arrival for camping
- 6PM – Opening concert featuring Emmy Nominated, Sean Johnson & the Wildlotus Band
Saturday, May 21
- 7AM – Gates open
- 8AM-6PM – Bhakti Yoga Flow: Two yoga tents will host classes every hour on the hour, for a total of 10 yoga classes being held throughout the day.
- 8AM-8PM – Local food vendors
- 9AM-6PM – Retail village featuring a variety of local vendors
- 9AM-9PM – Bhakti Yoga Music Stage: There will be several performances throughout the day beginning at 9AM and ending with a Cacao Ceremony at 8PM, with a bonfire, music, and fellowship to follow.
- Other on-site offerings during the day include the Kids Forest with an inflatable obstacle course, kids yoga, art, and games; various lectures hosted by many incredible scholars and educators; and a healing village filled with body and energy workers of all kinds, including fascial stretch therapy, massage, reiki, and more!
Sunday, May 22
- 9AM – Senior Iyengar Teacher, Becky Lloyd at 9am and
- 9AM – Kundalini Teacher Steph Navjeet
- 12PM – Luncheon
A complete schedule will be released on May 1.