Date(s) - 11/04/2022
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Since 2011, the New Orleans Film Festival’s South Pitch has provided a unique opportunity for filmmakers from across the American South to pitch their next film production to a panel of industry judges. This year’s program will feature two tracks: South Pitch Narrative presented by Warner Bros. Discovery and South Pitch Documentary. The winning narrative pitch will receive an ‘invitation only’ opportunity to apply for an artist grant from Warner Bros. Discovery’s content innovation hub, OneFifty (onefifty.com). The winning documentary pitch will receive a $10,000 cash prize. Winners will be announced during the NOFF Awards Brunch on Sunday, November 6.
South Pitch events are open to the public.
SOUTH PITCH DOCUMENTARY
Friday, November 4
1:30pm – 3:30pm
The New Orleans Jazz Market
Finalists and the projects they will pitch include:
- Andy Sarjahani & Jennifer Samani – Iranian Hillbilly (Documentary Feature)
- Carl Harrison Jr. – Eve’s Garden (Documentary Short)
- Colleen Thurston & Niketa Reed – Drowned Land (Documentary Feature)
- Gabriela Díaz Arp – Matininó (Documentary Feature)
- Matthew Hashiguchi & Anjanette Levert – The Only Doctor (Documentary Feature)
- Rebekah Fergusson – God Sent Us Alan (Documentary Feature)