NEW ORLEANS – Join Urban League of Louisiana on Tuesday, June 27 for “Export Dat!: Grow Your Small Business by Competing in the Global Marketplace.” The event will take place on Tuesday, June 27, 9:00am-12:00pm, at the Port NOLA Administration Building, 1350 Port of New Orleans Place, New Orleans, LA 70130.
As the number of small businesses in the US continues to rise, entrepreneurs must identify more competitive ways to scale their businesses for growth. With 96% of the world’s consumers living outside of the United States and representing two-thirds of the world’s purchasing power, going global as an exporter can offer significant growth opportunities for small business owners.
While the opportunities are evident, there are many reasons why US-based entrepreneurs do not explore doing business outside of our nation’s borders. Those reasons include fear of the unknown in other markets, perceived lack of entrepreneurial support, or the inability to understand how one’s business could operate and compete in other countries.
During this symposium-style learning opportunity, entrepreneurs will gain valuable insights on why and how doing business internationally is a strategy for growth. Attendees will also learn the fundamentals of international business, the opportunities and untapped resources that exist, and the key elements of an international business plan.
- Ted James, Regional Administrator, Region 6, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Charlotte Conerly, U.S. Commercial Service New Orleans, International Trade Administration, US Department of Commerce
- Klassi Duncan, Vice President, Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Urban League of Louisiana
- Laura Mellem, Chief of Staff, Port NOLA
- Kylie Mills, Community Engagement, Port NOLA
- Chanel Labat, Director, Procurement, Port NOLA
- Harrison Crabtree, Director, World Trade Center New Orleans
- Reginald Harley, Export Finance Manager, Office of International Trade, U.S. Export Assistance Center, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Tammy Maxwell, Senior Vice President, Office of Small Business, EXIM – Import-Export Bank of the United States
- Hazeen Ashby, Chief of Staff and White House Liaison, EXIM – Import-Export Bank of the United States
Export Dat!: Grow Your Small Business by Competing in the Global Marketplace
Thursday, June 27, 2023 from 9:00am – 2:30pm
- Boat tours depart at 12:30 and 1:30pm (space is limited, so please contact email@example.com to save a seat)
Port NOLA Administration Building
1350 Port of New Orleans Place
New Orleans, LA 70130
About Urban League of Louisiana
The mission of Urban League of Louisiana is to assist African Americans and other communities seeking equity to secure economic self-reliance, parity and civil rights. We implement our mission through programs in the areas of education and youth development, workforce and economic development, public policy and advocacy initiatives.