NEW ORLEANS – In honor of the 13th annual global Champagne Day coming up on October 28, the Champagne Bureau, USA recently released its list of the top 10 bars and restaurants in the U.S. for enjoying Champagne, and Effervescence in New Orleans made the list!
More information can be found in the release below, and you can learn more about Champagne Day and other events in your area here.
The 13th annual global Champagne Day is Friday, October 28, 2022 – a day to celebrate the sparkling wine that comes only from Champagne, France. To help people prepare, the Champagne Bureau, USA today announced its list of the top 10 bars and restaurants in the United States for enjoying Champagne.
“These bars and restaurants offer excellent Champagne lists, unique pairings, and an overall wonderful experience for enjoying Champagne,” said Jennifer Hall, director of the Champagne Bureau, USA. “We hope Champagne lovers and those new to the sparkling wine alike will consider visiting these impressive establishments to enjoy Champagne Day in style on October 28.”
See the full list below (in alphabetical order). For more information on Champagne Day or to find an event near you, visit champagneday.champagne.fr. More events will be added in the near future, so check back often.
- Air’s Champagne Parlor, New York, NY – Located in Greenwich Village, this baroffers an impressive Champagne list, unique oyster pairings, and fun Champagne-related events.
- Apéro, Washington, DC – Located in historic Georgetown, Apéro is a sommelier-owned Champagne bar and French restaurant known for its beautiful enclosed garden and comedy nights.
- Ça Va, Kansas City, MO – The Kansas City Champagne bar specializes in grower Champagne, has rustic-chic décor and delicious French cuisine.
- Corridor 44, Denver, CO – Denver’s only Champagne bar has a wide-ranging Champagne list, tasty tartines, and a chic interior.
- Effervescence, New Orleans, LA – This Champagne and sparkling wine bar, on the edge of the French Quarter, has themed Sunday brunches, a caviar menu, and pre-reserved Champagne service tables.
- Frank’s Oyster House and Champagne Parlor, Seattle, WA – Offering unique seafood and Champagne pairings, the bar is known for its retro design, combination of Pacific Northwest and northeast foods, and happy hour.
- Pops for Champagne, Chicago, IL – Rated the #1 wine bar in Chicago on Trip Advisor, Pops for Champagne is known for their fun bar snacks, various holiday celebrations, and extensive Champagne list.
- San Francisco Champagne Society, San Francisco, CA – This private, reservation-only Champagne lounge focuses on small grower producers and offers light bites to pair with its remarkable Champagne list.
- Silkie’s Chicken and Champagne Bar, Jacksonville, FL – Silkie’s is an upscale casual restaurant with delicious fried chicken and biscuits, catering options, and an overall unique dining experience.
- The Champagnery, Louisville, KY – Louisville’s first bar dedicated to Champagne and sparkling wines has an expansive Champagne list, oysters on the half shell, and live jazz on their patio.
The Champagne Bureau, USA, is the official U.S. representative of the Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne, a trade association which represents the grape growers and houses of Champagne, France. The Bureau works to educate American consumers about the uniqueness of the wines of Champagne and expand their understanding of the need to protect the Champagne name. For more information, visit us online at www.champagne.us.